Tuesday 25 August 2009

Long Rivets

I'd had a problem with the standard length rivets when I came to connecting the fuel clips. They had to go through 2 clips (4 layers of platic), through the chassis and a washer (as I was riveting from the inside I has a washer to protect the platic from teh expanding rivet head). I got some longer rivets from RS Components. These are exactly the same as those provided by Westfield (4.0mm closed end) but longer:

RS Stock No. 351-3543
Manufacturers Part No. AD510SB
Closed end rivet,4mm dia 6.4-7.9mm grip
Price £4.31 for 100

These were prefect:


and while I was under the car I took another picture of the handbrake mod:

1 comment:

Devr said...

I'm not sure about that handbrake mod........... Hi Graham, hope all's well and hopefully I've passed Mike all he needs for the weekend. Pete