Wednesday 5 August 2009

Air filter

The M8 x 25mm dome allen bolts for mounting the "P" bracket that were missing and I'd asked Westfield for came through as standard bolts. When I tried them they fitted fine. I don't know why they specify the dome headed in the manual as there is no issue with clearance:



The lower section of the steering column will go right across the air in for the filter. I assume this isn't a problem. The MX-5 had a whole section of pipework for getting clean air into the filter which is not required for the Westfield:



From above:


Here is the re-fitted plenum chamber:


Not sure how I'm going to get the air filter and plenum chamber connected yet. Westfield don't provide anything. Most build pictures I've seen use flexible ducting. Here's the challange, I have to connect the 2 opening currently marked with masking tape. There are assorted bits of chassis, pipework and brakes in the way:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Won't it be quite difficult to access the air box to change the filter with it being located so low down and under the cooling pipework?