Friday 26 November 2010

More dashboard

More work fitting the dashboard. It's now starting to get close. I was able to put the dials in and get it all to roughly fit in place:


There's very little room between the indicator and the dash though so I might need to bend it forward:


This is the view I should get from driving. Good visibility of the dials with the bus driver's steering wheel that comes with the MX-5. Wonder how it will be if I put a smaller steering wheel on.


It isn't always the easiest to get a look under the dash:


Very elegant:


I still had the problem of holding the front edge down so I decided the fibreglass in tabs. 1st stage was to remove the steering column for access and use a bracket/string to hold in place:


Next stage was to fibreglass a tab in place. Here is my 1st attempt before I'd trimmed it:


With the 2nd one I was getting the hang of it. I stuck some plastic on the underside of the body. That way I could form the tab without it sticking to the body. Here it is with just the 1st layer:

No comments: