Tuesday 2 November 2010

Dashboard

Getting a good fit for the dashboard proved (and continues to be) a challenge. The lower part of the dials area hits the steering column:


which meant it wouldn't go down:


After quite a lot of trimming and slightly lowering the steering column I was able to get it to fit around the majority of the scuttle:


Although I might have to put a couple of spacers on the steering column mounting as with it in the original location there isn't enough space for the dials to fit:


I still have a problem that there is a gap at the front where it's not sitting flush to the scuttle:


The "dome" where the dials go needs to be held down. By pressing it I can get a good flush fit:


So I'm considering fibre glassing some sort of catch or hook on the underside to hold it in place:

No comments: