Monday 16 April 2012

DVLA - the paperwork

Immediately after lunch after passing the IVA I headed off the local DVLA office in Salford (under the shadow of Old Trafford for any football fans out there).

As usual there was a long queue for the reception desk but at this stage all I wanted was the V55/5(First registration for used vehicle) and V627/1 (Built Up Vehicle Inspection Report) forms. If I'd been thinking I should have got these forms earlier (the V55/5 is not available for download) but I hadn't so there I was at the DVLA. There was a stand with loads of forms so I went over to see if the were there. They weren't. Luckily there was a desk right next to the stand where a lady was directing people after they'd been to the reception desk. I asked her if the forms were out, she furtled in some draws behind her desk and found a V55/5. She then had to go into the back office to find the V627/1.

I'd already bookmarked the fantastic post by Mark on the WSCC forum on how to fill in the forms: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/78459-how-to-complete-dvla-form-v555/

I found a table and stated to fill in the forms. After a while the same lady came over and asked how I was getting on. I'd nearly finished so she said she would get someone to come over and have a look so I wouldn't need to queue up which was very kind of her. Another lady came over shortly and said everything looked okay with the forms but was concerned when I explained I didn't have the V5 due to the scrap nature of the donor.

I got a ticket for the casher's queue and 10 minute later paid my £275 (£50 registration fee and £220 road tax), handed over all the paperwork and was told they would contact me in the next few days.


No comments: