Thursday 19 April 2012

DVLA - 2nd phone call back

The DVLA call back again. I'll give them one thing which is they actually do call you when there is progress.

It became clear they were not prepared to issue an age related plate without the V5 for the donor vehicle. As it was a Cat B write-off I didn't have the V5. I think it would have gone to the insurance company or the DVLA themselves when the donor was written off. I suggested I could bring the Westfield in for them to check the engine number. I even had the VIN plate from the donor, the last MOT certificate and of course multiple picture of the stripdown. But, after some discussion it was clear I wasn't going to get anywhere. They were happy to issue a Q plate so I opted for that. I thought Mark Wendon got his age related plate without V5 but having looked down the post about the V55/5 form filling it seems he had a photocopy which they were willing to take. As far as I can tell the only impact of a Q plate is I can't put a private plate on the car (not something I was considering) and for some people (not me) there is a certain sigma about having a Q plated car.

They said the registration documents would be in the post and I should get them in a few days.

At least it was still raining.

No comments: