Tuesday 13 October 2009

Air filter ducting

Westfield don't provide anything to connect the air filter to the plenum pipe so I got some ducting from Euroaspares: https://www.europaspares.com/AIR_FILTERS_and_INTAKES/AIR_INTAKES/REVOTEC_BLACK_HIGH_TEMPERATURE_AIR_and_BRAKE_DUCTING_4602.html

I measured the diameter of the air filter outlet at 70mm so I got the 69mm dia ducting. I might have been better going for the 76mm as it went on but only after a struggle. The plenum chamber inlet is slightly smaller. I originally intended cutting off the end of the rubber connecting pipe as a spacer (although oval it's circumference looked to be the same as the air flow outlet) but with the ducting being on the small side I couldn't get it to fit.


Instead I wrapped tape to increase the diameter. I re-used the same clamps to fit it as used on the MX-5.

Here it is in place, although I might make it a bit shorter:

No comments: