Tuesday 8 July 2008

MX-5 Chassis Disposal

Finally decided that I had got everything I needed off the donor to time to get rid of what was left. I debated trying to sell it on eBay as I thought I might find someone who had a rear damaged MX-5 and could use the rear bumper etc. The rear was a bit scratched and so in the end decided the simplest thing was to get a car disposal company to remove.

There wasn't much in the Yellow Pages but the local paper had a page full of small ads at the back for car disposal. Most companies weren't interested in a chassis only vehicle. A few wanted to charge me £40 to take away. This was mainly because it has no wheels so needed a grabber truck to remove. In the end I found someone to take it away for nothing. He use a normal flatbed tow truck and winched/dragged the chassis onto the back.

No comments: