Sunday 5 October 2008

Brake Pipe Clips

*** CORRECTION - PLEASE SEE POST "BRAKE PIPE CLIPS - AGAIN!" DATED 17TH OCT ***

I realised that how I was using/fitting the brake clips was wrong!
The clips I'd got looked like this:



They fitted okay into the 1/4" holes but weren’t very firm, held the brake pipes a long way away from the chassis and I broke several of them whilst trying to push the brake pipes onto the clip. Here is how the front pipes looked fitted (originally):



After searching for brake clips on the internet, I found a picture of some similar ones but as 2 parts! I realised that they were meant to be snapped apart and the upper part with the clip slotted into the lower part. It all made sense. The pipes only needed a bit of minor adjustments to the bends to fit closer.


The only shame was that I'd routed the rear pipes along the inside of the chassis which was no longer necessary. Having already bend the pipes and drilled the holes for the clips I decided not to change to run along the top of the chassis member.










No comments: