Sunday 3 August 2008

Spacers (& handbrake correction!)

Here is the selection of spacers I got with the starter kit (the 3 for the pedals are not shown as they are fitted in the pedals!):


My assumption was that the ones top right were for the handbrake. After a few posts on the forum, I have now found out they are for the bottom of the rear shocks. In fact the spacers for the handbrake are not in the starter kit. Luckily I had not tightened them so they are not damaged (someone else did the same thing and they crush when torqued up - glad to know I'm not the only one to get this wrong!).

Joe Mac (link on right) sent me the attached which shows all the spacers and what they are for:



1 : spacer for the diff
2 : headlights spacers (to put horizontaly on the bracket between the headlight and the bracket (to raise the light at the correct height)
3 : spacer to put in the diff cups (left and right)
4 : spacer for the light bracket and the rear upper wishbone mounting
5 : spacer for the handbrake (but they will be a little to long)
6 : unknow screw (today, it's still in a plastic bag !)
7 : spacer for the bottom of the shock absorber (to fit a metric bolt)

It seems I will have to wait till I get the completion kit before fitting the handbrake.

No comments: