Tuesday 5 August 2008

Brake Pipes - Pipe D

Started forming the brake lines. The first one I attacked was the smallest (labelled D in the manual). Not sure if this was a good move as although short, it had to be bent into quite a complicated shape to fit.

I tried forming the shape on a couple of scrap pieces before attempting on the real thing. One thing that caught me was the fitting on the end that attached to the master cylinder was longer than on my test piece. It meant the bend had to be a bit tighter.


As the lines are very rigid, it was quite difficult to fit in place with the master cylinder and the T-piece in place. I found it easier to detach the T-piece from the chassis, fix the brake line to the T-piece and master cylinder, then re-attach the T-piece to the chassis.



No comments: