Monday 24 May 2010

Interior Panels

The manual recommends fitting the interior side panels before final fitting of the scuttle (I assume so access is easier). In fact, I fitted them whilst the scuttle was in place (although not finally fixed) without any real issues.

There is a small strip of carpet that runs across the bottom that has to be fitted first. Pictures of some older builds show ~20mm of the carpet showing. It looks like they have made the interior panels slightly larger so go almost to the floor which makes it debatable if you need the carpet at all. I put it in anyway using the Velcro strips provided. I also was worried about the position of the harness mounting bolts. There are cut out holes in the aluminum panels so all you have to do is cut through the covering. From previous experience I was concerned the holes wouldn't be central. I stuck a screw in the hole with tape so it just protruded and checked the location. It was dead central in the panel cut-out:


I tried to put rivets where they would not be seen. Down the back strip where they would be covered by the back carpet and under the top padded cover. The only one that is visible is the one half way along the diagonal. Some people have said they have black headed rivets but I didn't get any. I think I'll touch up the head with black paint at some point.

And the other side:

No comments: