Wednesday 21 April 2010

Windscreen wiper motor & wheel boxes

To fit the wiper wheel boxes you have to open up the two indented areas on the scuttle. The hole need to be quite large so I drilled a small pilot hole (as per the left on the picture below) then widened to the largest drill bit I have which is 13mm (as per the right):


Then using the Dremel I enlarged the hole to the required size:


and then the wheel boxes fit nicely through the holes:


The two wheel boxes are connected by tubes which the threaded linkage from the wiper motor runs through. The one that connects to the wiper motor has to be bent and the wiper motor bolted in place:


I first started bending the tube using the pipe bending tool I'd got for the fuel pipes but I found these tubes were so soft it was just as easy to do by hand:


And with everything bolted in place:


There is a small fillet that goes across the scuttle that makes it all nice and neat:


and here you can see the wedge shaped pieces that are used to hold the fillet at the right angle:

No comments: