Monday 14 September 2009

Front Loom

Ah, the joys of wiring!

Although the loom needs to be fitted in conjunction with the bodywork, I'm modifying it now and will make sure everything is working.

I removed all the tape covering the loom(s) then laid out onto the car. Then I gradually removed all the wires not required. For some areas like the dashboard this is a huge proportion: radio; speakers; heating controls (only the main power wire for the new heated windscreen is required); electric windows and mirrors (although my donor didn't have these, the wiring was still in place); interior lighting, etc. etc. all went:


There's much less to remove from the front. The main thing was the wiring to the pop-up headlight motors:


The wire to the power steering could go as well!


I still want to trace all the wires/relays and record them to help future modificatins/problem solving.

No comments: