Sunday 11 May 2008

Fitting body panels - LH tunnel side (59 rivets)

Clamped and aligned the LH tunnel side.

The build manual talks about having to fold a return at the front of the panel. Again, it seems they have changed the design so the panel does not wrap round the chassis strut:



With the panel held in place, I marked the holes on the diagonal with a pencil to make sure they were central. With the panel in the correct alignment on the chassis, the holes for the seat belt bushes did not quite line up:



So I used a file to make the holes longer:



Drilled the holes. Although I don't have any Cleco fasteners (see FM Westfield build diary), I placed rivets temporarily in place as I went to make sure the panel did not move:



Drilling the holes on the centre back upright was a bit tight but okay using a standard electric drill:

No comments: