Friday 19 December 2008

Completion Kit - wrong part & gaps

After going through the parts in the completion kit I realised they had sent me another gearbox mounting bracket rather than the bracket for the lower mounting of the air box.

Phoned Westfield and sent them through a picture of the 2 identical brackets. They agreed to send me the correct part though.

I also discussed several items that I thought would be in the kit but were apparently missing:

Air box to Plenum chamber connector - the manual is a bit vague about this. It describes re-using some of the existing pipe work but most builders seem to use a piece of convoluted piping (closest I can say is like the stuff you get on a tumble drier extractor pipe). Westfield said they do not supply a part for this.

Electrical connectors - I was expecting some connectors for the lights but there were none and Westfield do not supply them.

Steering Column fixing - I was expecting a U bolt for fixing the lower end of the MX-5 steering column. Westfield send me through 2 sizes (with the missing air box bracket). I'm now unsure if the part is normally included but was missing or they were being generous!

No comments: